Home made Roll Mops
For the pickling liquid:
150 ml Cider Vinegar
1 tsp Sugar
Aromatics such as:
Mustard Seeds, Pink Peppercorns, Bay leaf, Star Anise, Fennel Seeds, Cloves, All Spice, Coriander Seeds, Dill (these all look beautiful in your pickle jar)
- Chop red onion finely
- Very Fresh Herring gutted and filleted
- Put vinegar, cider, 1 tsp sugar and aromatics on a medium heat, bring to the boil and then turn off the heat until sugar is dissolved, stir)
- remove Herring pin bones, head and tail.
- Soak in brine for 2 hours (to make brine whisk 120g salt into 1 litre of water)
- 6. Put 4 X fillets per small 200ml jar and cover completely with pickling liquid.
Herring can be kept in fridge up to 3 days. Enjoy!
Thank You Mike for the Herring and Caro for the gorgeous photos! and both for a lovely stroll on the beach!
For more info on what Mike might be up to with his company Blanch and Shock follow this link: https://www.blanchandshock.com/