1 cup tapioca starch
1/2 cup water (approximately)
1/4 teaspoon salt
Filling of your choice
1. In a bowl at the salt and gradually add 2 tablespoons of water to the tapioca. Stir with your fingers until the mixture forms clumps that you can break into small clumps.Keep crumbling and adding water until you have an even mix of small clumps. You will know if you add too much water because the mixture will start to flow like a thick liquid. If that happens, add more starch.
2. Pass the moistened starch through a very fine sieve into a clean bowl. Use a wooden spoon to push the starchthrough the sieve to help it pass through.
Heat a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Quickly sprinkle the sifted starch over the entire skillet in a thin layer. Let the crepe cook for about 30 seconds, or until the crepe slides easily in the pan.
3. Flip the pancake or by toss it. Cook for 30 to 40 seconds and put on a plate. Make sure you wipe the pan after each crepe to keep it clean, this prevents burning.
4. Fill the crepe with a filling of your choice and fold in half or roll it up.
5. Serve warm, the crepes stiffen as they cool.
Cheddar cheese (grated cheddar cheese can be mixed straight into the tapioca flour after you have passed the tapioca through a sieve and sprinkle the mix into the pan as above.
Jam and Feta Cheese
Feta cheese and red pepper
Cheddar cheese and baby tomatoes
……. Be as creative as you like!! Enjoy.